How do I know if my commercial building has mold?
In a commercial building it may be very hard to detect if any mold has begun to grow in areas of the structure. Always use your nose. Where mold is present, it is a very distinct odor. And it does not matter how long you have worked or lived there you will NOT get used to that smell. I have walked into buildings and immediately knew there was a water loss at one time or there is water or moisture somewhere in the area. Unfortunately, more likely than not. It is in the air. Mold in the air could potentially cause respiratory issues for some. The proper way to keep your commercial premises safe, is to inspect areas often that could contain moisture or hidden water. Repair any water leaks or damage as soon as you detect it. The HVAC system coils should be checked regularly. Pans, or any other areas in the system that could be plugged up can cause moisture, that is a breeding ground for mold. Also, the location of the HVAC is important. Air coming in from areas with standing water or garbage dumpsters could cause an increase in fungal spores. Bottom line. If you can smell it. It’s present. Call your local SERVPRO. We are the experts in mold removal.