Water Loss Equipment
SERVPRO of Oak Park/Ferndale knows using the right equipment makes a big difference in reducing claim loss expense. When it comes to timely mitigation using the right tools is very vital. Knowing how to thoroughly dry a structure and your personal property is key, and that is something the professionals at SERVPRO of Oak Park/Ferndale specialize in.
Materials can be damaged in two ways from water. First by absorption through direct contact with water. Second by absorption of moisture in the air. Establishing an environment favorable for drying is what our professionals do. Determining and using the right equipment when dealing with water damage not only ensures your property is properly dry, but also minimizes additional property damage. The type of equipment we use to ensure your water damage is taken care of properly includes:
- Moisture Sensors- Used to detect moisture in carpets, baseboards, and walls
- Moisture Meters-Used to determine the actual moisture content of various materials. This gives us accurate moisture readings to monitor the drying process
- Thermohygrometers-These two readings can calculate specific humidity, dew point, and vapor pressure
- Extractors- Used for removing water from floors following a water damage. It is also used in cleaning carpets and upholstery
Air Moving Equipment
- Air Movers- Used to enhance evaporation at the surface level reducing dry time
- Refrigerant dehumidifiers- Work similarly to air conditioners
- Desiccant Dehumidifiers- Use chemicals called desiccants that readily absorb moisture from the air
- Ultra Low Volume(ULV) Foggers- Atomize liquid deodorizing agents that easily penetrates sites where odor causing residues accumulate. Also used for injecting fungicides and disinfectants into wall cavities and other difficult to access area
- Thermal Foggers- Produces dense fog that consists of tiny particles of deodorant solution that pairs with and neutralizes odor causing particles
When your home or commercial property has water damage from flooding or leaks, we have the expertise and equipment to properly restore your property.
For all your water damage needs contact SERVPRO of Oak Park/Ferndale 248-246-0790