Commercial Property is it worth the investment? You decide.
I always say, it takes a certain person to own and manage any Commercial Property. You would need to posses a strong desire to succeed and have money to invest. But the biggest investment is your time. In my thoughts as I pass by these buildings and companies, I have often wondered, what is takes. Do they ever get tired of such a massive responsibility? Or are they genuinely happy with their choice?
Key points to Yes or No of owning Commercial Property.
The reasons to say yes.
- The obvious. Increased income.
- Building relationships with the professional community.
- Depending on what you put into your investment could potentially have added value to your property when it comes to selling.
The reasons to say No.
- You as the property owner will pay any damages that occur on or within the structure. (Such as a roof)
- Commitment to large amounts of time from personal life.
- Looking for professional help.
- The initial investment payment up front.
- The biggest reason to say NO for me is the RISK. Vandals, slip and falls, if a car hits another car in the parking lot to name a few.
Owning Commercial Property can be a dream for some, and a nightmare for others.