INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT STORMS
- HAIL STORMS-They cost an estimated $ 1 Billion a year when present. Hail can be small or very large and cause major damage due to dents, roof leaks and eventual water leaking into structures.
- THUNDERSTORMS-Very dangerous and highly incalculable these storms cause flash flooding. Thunderstorms can produce up to 30 feet of water causing trees and buildings to be torn out.
- WINDSTORMS-Some winds can reach up to 120 mph. Knocking down powerlines and up rooting trees. The demolition happens when the winds reach to speeds of 40-50 miles per hour. These storms can actually equal the damage of tornadoes.
- TORNADOES-Summer and Spring are when tornadoes are most likely to take place. Tornadoes can transcend over 300 mph! Anything can be pulled up out of place and thrown around causing the most dangerous threat. Thunderstorms release the vigor that puts the tornado in motion.
- BLIZZARDS-Heavy snow could cause roofs to collapse under the weight along with freezing temps and high winds and eventual snow melting causing water damage to get into a structure of any building or home.
- ICE STORMS-In freezing temps the snow can cover any surface and become a heavy piece of ice. Breaking and causing just as much damage as the heavy snow.
- HURRICANES-These winds are categorized between a 1 and 5. They could reach up to 157 mph. Any properties can be destroyed in the wake of a hurricane.
- SAND STORM/DUST STORM-Gusts of wind blow fine particles of sand that stay suspended in the air. If you are unfortunate to be caught up in this storm, over time these particles could be responsible for different kinds of health effects. Sand Storms rarely go above 50 feet from the ground.